With the holiday season fast approaching, please remember to know the facts about candles and christmas trees.
CANDLE FIRE FACTS
- Top three days for home candle fires: (NFPA)
- New Year’s Day
- Christmas Eve
- More than half (56%) of home candle fires occur when some form of combustible material is too close to the candle. (NFPA)
- Warminster Township Candle Fire Facts: (2013,2014, 2015)
- 12% of structure fires caused by candles
- Average dollar loss = $133,500
- Total dollar loss = $801,000
Click here for Candle Safety Tips
CHRISTMAS TREE SAFETY FACTS
- One quarter of home Christmas tree fires are caused by electrical problems.
- Although Christmas tree fires are not common, when they do occur, they are more likely to be serious.
- A heat source too close to the tree causes roughly one in every four of the fires.