NEWS & EVENTS
The Parks and Recreation Building is closed today due to weather. All Parks and Recreation programs are cancelled today, Friday, Feburary 14th.
As Township Offices are closed due to weather, in case of emergency, please DIAL 911.
Mascaro has report that trash collection is cancelled today, Thursday, February 13th due to weather. There will be double trash collection on Monday, February 17th and double recycling pick up on Thursday, February 20th.
Given the current road conditions, projected snowfalls, and the continuation of the storm through rush hour, Warminster Township offices will be closed today, February 13. Please stay safe and warm.
Weather Statement: February 12, 2014
Winter Snow Emergency Warning effective 5:00 PM Wednesday, February 12, 2014 please remove all vehicles from the road and be safe.
WARMINSTER (02/12/14) – Winter Snow Emergency
334 AM EST WED FEB 12 2014
…WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 10 PM THIS EVENING
TO 1 AM EST FRIDAY…
* LOCATIONS…THIS WARNING INCLUDES FAR SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA… INCLUDING THE PHILADELPHIA METRO AREA… FAR SOUTHWESTERN NEW JERSEY… FAR NORTHEASTERN MARYLAND…AND NORTHERN DELAWARE.
* HAZARD TYPES…SNOW AND SLEET.
* ACCUMULATIONS…SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 6 TO 10 INCHES…ALONG WITH AROUND A TRACE OF ICE.
* TIMING…PRECIPITATION SHOULD BEGIN AS MOSTLY SNOW TONIGHT. THE SNOW IS FORECAST TO MIX WITH SLEET BY THURSDAY MORNING AND MAY EVEN BRIEFLY CHANGE OVER TO RAIN THURSDAAFTERNOON. BY THURSDAY EVENING IT IS EXPECTED TO CHANGE OVER TO ALL SNOW AGAIN AND BEGIN TO TAPER OFF.
* IMPACTS…TRAVEL COULD BE SIGNIFICANTLY IMPACTED ACROSS THE REGION ESPECIALLY ON THURSDAY. IN ADDITION TO TRAVEL IMPACTS… WINDS OF 10 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH WILL BE POSSIBLE ON THURSDAY WHICH COULD LEAD TO POWER OUTAGES IF HEAVY SNOWACCUMULATIONS ON POWER LINES AND TREE LIMBS BY THE TIME WINDS INCREASE. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS…A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS SIGNIFICANT AMOUNTS OF SNOW…SLEET…AND ICE ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. STRONG WINDS ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE (National Weather Service).
Warminster Township has declared a Winter Snow Emergency, effective 02/12/14 at 5:00 PM, and is enforcing Ordinance 625 including subsections 603 & 604 and Ordinance 702 in its entirety
· Remove all vehicles from the street
· Do not shovel, push, plow, or otherwise cause snow to be placed onto the public roadway
· Remove all snow and ice from your sidewalks within 24 hours after snow has ceased
· Clear any fire hydrant on your property within 24 hours after snow has ceased.
· Remove any basketball nets or other objects that protrude into the roadway.
Buck County has issued a CODE BLUE weather alert until Monday, February 17th.
· The Bucks County Emergency Management Agency has made arrangements with the on-call churches, The Church of Living Hope in Langhorne, Doylestown Presbyterian Church in Andrews Hall in Doylestown and Salem Mennonite Church in Quakertown, to activate their emergency shelters. The on-call churches will coordinate transportation, temporary shelter, food and other necessities. Click here for shelter information.
In case of emergency, DIAL 911.
Click here to read a message from the Tax Collector!
The County and Red Cross have closed all shelters. Click here for a list of open shelters.
The Warminster Township Library is closed February 7th due to a power outage. Check back for updates.
Full Red Cross Shelter moved from Tamanend Middle School to Hatboro Horsham High School: 899 Horsham Rd, Horsham, PA 19044. Effective 1:00 pm Feb 7th.
Hot meals and power are available at this location.