No news is good news. Unless you are contacted by the Parks & Recreation Department because the program is full, cancelled or there is a change, report to the program as scheduled. In some cases we will try to wait until the last minute before cancelling. PARENTS: If your children are the participants, please check in with the instructor on the first day of the program.
• Babysitters are needed for Mon-Fri morning programs. Sitters work one or more days/week.
• Instructors of all types are needed to expand day and evening programs. Certified Fitness, Pilates and Yoga Instructors are needed as substitutes and to expand our Mix & Match program. Call for more information.
• Seasonal & WREC staff - Applications are accepted starting January 1 for summer employment and evenings or weekends throughout the year.
• For info & an application, call (215)443-5428 or download one from the Township website under downloads.
For weather closings and program cancellations at the WREC, listen to KYW News Radio, 1060 AM, Fox 29 News or check Channels 22 or 45, or the Township website at www.warminstertownship.org. Just listen or watch for our name and message! We are unable to give refunds or credit for emergency or weather-related cancellations, or other circumstances beyond our control. However, we will make every possible attempt to reschedule the class or program.
Warminster Parks & Recreation recognizes the importance of recreation for everyone. Many of our facilities are barrier free. We will, to the best of our ability, adapt our parks, programs, trips, and special events to make them accessible to persons with special needs. We invite physically challenged persons to let us know what kinds of adaptations we can make so that as many people as possible can enjoy quality leisure services.
• TDD for the Hearing & Speech Impaired: We can be reached by contacting the Pennsylvania telephone relay service at (800) 654-5984.
• Sports for Individuals with Disabilities - Information on organizations serving physically challenged athletes is available at these websites: www.dsusa.org: www.disabled-world.com/sports; www.dasasports.org; www.mageerehab.org: www.wheelchairnet.org: or search: Disabled Sports.
DISCOUNTED MOVIE TICKETS FOR REGAL ENTERTAINMENT GROUP!
Movie Tickets are sold for $7.50 each at the Parks & Recreation office, Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM-4:00 PM. These are VIP tickets for Regal Cinemas, United Artists and Edwards Theaters and may have some restrictions for first run movies.
2013 DOG LICENSE AND BARK PARK PAW PASSES
Annual 2012 Dog Licenses and Bark Park Paw Passes available for purchase in the Parks & Recreation office, Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM-4:00 PM. Check on line for more information: www.warminstertownship.org/barkpark
The Township invites all community civic and sport organizations to place their symbol on our community “gateway” sign located at County Line and York Roads. Symbols should be no larger than 16 inches in diameter. For more information, please contact Karen at the Parks & Recreation office: (215)443-5428.
In an effort to expand our programming to the community, we are looking for instructors to teach interesting or fun programs. These can be geared toward any age and address any area - hobbies, fitness, personal health, or finance, cultural or theater arts, etc. – the possibilities are endless! If you have a talent or skill that you would like to share with others, please contact us. Instructors, especially those working with youth, will be required to have background checks.
We are always on the lookout for new classes and programs to offer our residents. If you have an idea for a trip or program, and/or wish to become an instructor, please don’t hesitate to call us @ (215) 443-5428.
If you are dividing your perennials in the spring, why not donate your "discards" to the Parks Department to improve our park landscaping. Just drop off marked plants at the WREC between March and May 15 and we’ll plant them. Or if you wish to help and install them yourself, just call (215)443-5428 and we’ll provide guidelines for where to plant in the parks.
The Skate Committee continues its advertising campaign to raise funds to purchase more equipment at the Skate Spot. Advertising signs are posted around the fence at the Skate Spot. Prices are available for 1-3 year contracts. Current sponsors include: The General Davis Inn, McGrath Homes, the Koch Family, the Homen Family and Project Synergy. For more info, please call (215)443-5428 or check out the website: www.warminstertownship.org/skatespot.