WEATHER STATEMENT: January 21, 2014
Winter Storm Emergency Warning is in effect until 6:00 AM Wednesday, January 22, 2014.
- Snow accumulations: 3 to 7 inches this morning with the possibility of an additional 3 to 7 inches of accumulation this evening.
- Impact: Travel will become hazardous today as snow accumulates
and temperatures fall through the teens. Blowing and drifting will add to the winter travel hazards.
- Wind: NE at 6mph, increasing to 15-25 mph with gusts of 35 mph by tonight.
- Temperatures: Falling into single digits by Tuesday Evening with wind chill near 9 Below Zero.
Warminster Township has declared a Winter Storm Emergency and is enforcing Ordinance 625 including subsections 603 & 604 and Ordinance 702 in its entirety
- Remove all vehicles from the street
- Do not shovel, push, plow, or otherwise cause snow to be placed onto the public roadway
- Remove all snow and ice from your sidewalks within 24 hours after snow has ceased
- Clear any fire hydrant on your property within 24 hours after snow has ceased.
- Remove any basketball courts or other objects that protrude into the roadway.
Buck County has issued a CODE BLUE weather alert until Thursday, January 30th.
- The Bucks County Emergency Management Agency has made arrangements with the on-call churches, Woodside Presbyterian Church in Yardley, Trinity Episcopal Church in Buckingham and West Swamp Mennonite Church in Quakertown, to activate their emergency shelters. The on-call churches will coordinate transportation, temporary shelter, food and other necessities. Click here for shelter Information.
In case of emergency, DIAL 911.