There is a Winter Storm Alert affecting Warminster Township, effective January 20, 2016, at 4:00 PM.
If the township declares a Winter Storm Emergency, all vehicles, trailers, and portable basketball courts must be removed from the street. We are giving this alert now so you can take this opportunity to remove all from the street now under better conditions. Please continue monitoring local news stations for current weather reports.
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MOUNT HOLLY HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH…WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY EVENING INTO SUNDAYMORNING.
* LOCATIONS…SOUTHEASTERN PENNSYLVANIA…SOUTHERN NEW JERSEY…DELAWARE…AND MARYLAND`S UPPER EASTERN SHORE.
* HAZARD TYPES…HEAVY SNOW.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS…SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 12 TO 16 INCHES IN THE VICINITY OF THE I-95 CORRIDOR…8 TO 12 INCHES OVER THE NORTHERN SUBURBS OF PHILADELPHIA…CENTRAL NEW JERSEY…AND CENTRAL DELMARVA. LESSER AMOUNTS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES ARE EXPECTED OVER SOUTHERN PORTIONS OF THE DELMARVA WHERE A CHANGEOVER TO RAIN IS EXPECTED DURING THE EVENT.
* TIMING…SNOW IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN FRIDAY EVENING…PRIMARILY AFTER THE EVENING COMMUTE…THEN CONTINUE HEAVY AT TIMES INTO SUNDAY MORNING.
* WINDS…NORTHEAST 15 TO 25 MPH INLAND WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH. NORTHEAST WINDS 30 TO 40 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 55 MPH CLOSER TO THE COAST.
* TEMPERATURES…IN THE LOW 30S.
* IMPACTS…SNOW MAY BE DRY AND PUFFY AT THE START, BUT WILL BECOME WETTER AND HEAVIER AS THE EVENT UNFOLDS. SHOVELING MAY BE PROBLEMATIC FOR THOSE WITH PHYSICAL AILMENTS. SNOW MAY CLING TO WIRES AND TREES WHICH MAY CAUSE POWER OUTAGES. ROADS WILL BECOME IMPASSABLE DUE TO INCREASING ACCUMULATION DURING THE EVENT.
A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW…SLEET…OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.