Warminster Township is expecting a significant impact on Thursday due to the Eagles parade in Philadelphia. The Warminster SEPTA station is one of the limited number of stations open that will provide direct service to the city. We have been advised that although a large number of tickets have been sold, SEPTA will only be running three trains out of Warminster from 5:00 AM to approximately 7:50 AM. Train service returning from the city will begin at approximately 1:00 PM.
In anticipation of the large volume of traffic and parking issues, Warminster will be taking the following actions on Thursday:
• The SEPTA lot will be closed on Wednesday evening at 10:00 PM and will reopen early Thursday morning
• Jacksonville Road between Street and County Line will remain open in both directions to allow for parking at the SEPTA lot and pick-up/drop-off of passengers
• Park Avenue will be closed from Street Rd to the south driveway of 300 Park Avenue (Burpee)
• Olive, Nemoral, and Maple will be closed from Madison to Park
• All road closures are expected to be lifted at 10:00 AM
Centennial School District will be closed Thursday.
Extra police and emergency personnel will be on duty to handle any issues. Plans may be altered to deal with issues as they arise. Local roads, especially in the Speedway, may experience congestion due to parking.