Position: Park Maintenance Worker – Seasonal
Available: April –September
Locations: Warminster Township Parks & Recreation Department | 1100 Veterans Way | Warminster, PA 18974
Hours: Monday-Friday, 6:30 AM-3:00 PM
Rate of Pay: Starting: $14.00/hour. Seasonal position.
Purpose: Assists full time park maintenance crew with all areas of park and building maintenance by performing a variety of unskilled and semi-skilled tasks.
Tasks: All types of landscaping activities including maintenance of equipment; minor semi-skilled interior building maintenance such as painting, plumbing, carpentry, and other unskilled and semi-skilled trades work; custodial work and litter collection as required and assigned, assist in preparation of community special events; assist in the construction of new parks facilities, including clearing, grading, drainage, and foundation work. May assist with paving and roadwork projects.
Education and Experience: Graduation from high school or GED equivalent, Experience in repair and maintenance work, or any equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of equipment, materials and supplies used in building and grounds maintenance; Working knowledge of equipment and supplies used to do minor repairs; Working knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
• Ability to work independently and to complete daily activities according to work schedule;
• May require heavy lifting, strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions and some custodial work; Work may be tedious and repetitious
• Ability to work independently; ability to work with others
• Ability to operate and maintain hand & power tools and landscaping equipment
• Ability to read and write English; Basic math and geometry skills
• Requires public interaction, courteous and professional demeanor
Apply to: Karen Whitney
Parks & Recreation Dept
1100 Veterans Way
Warminster, PA 18974
All letters of interest, applications and/or resumes should be submitted to the Township no later than April 1, 2020 or until position is filled. Application available online: www.warminstertownship.org.
Warminster Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Date released: February 4, 2020