Warminster Library will reopen with limited services
We’re happy to announce that we will be open starting Monday, 6/29, for curbside pickup of items placed on hold. Please see the curbside pickup webpage for more information.
When we open, our goal is to keep everyone safe and healthy.
Here is what we are doing to keep you safe:
- Setting up services to be as contactless as possible.
- Maintaining 6 feet of physical distance from each other.
- Wearing cloth face coverings & using sneeze guards at all service points.
- Following cleaning and disinfecting protocols put out by the CDC.
- All buildings were thoroughly disinfected while we were closed.
We ask that you do your part to keep our staff and other customers safe. We ask that you:
- Wear a cloth face covering. Per Gov. Wolf’s orders, anyone entering the building must wear a mask, with the exception of individuals who cannot due to a medical condition and children under 2 years of age.
- Make sure your hands are clean.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from anyone else when you visit. We have reduced the amount of seating and computers available to allow for social distancing.
- Keep in mind that your visit will be short.
We appreciate your help keeping everyone safe and healthy.
When we open, it will not be business as usual.
For the protection of the public and staff, we are putting in some parameters.
To start on 6/29, we will be providing curbside pickup of items previously placed on hold. Curbside procedures can be found here.
Beginning Monday, 7/6, we will open the Library with in-building holds pickup, item check out, limited computers and computer time, copying and fax services. More services will resume over time.
The Library’s wifi is available from the parking lot. You are welcome to use the green space in the center of the parking lot for wifi access. Please be courteous and practice social distancing while doing so.
Limited number of people in the building
When we open, we will allow a limited number of people in the building at any time. Please be aware that you may have to wait in line to get into the Library.
Limited building access
You will enter the Library through the south (meeting room) doors and exit through the lobby (main) doors.
Seating has been reduced in order to accommodate social distancing.
The number of computers has been reduced to accommodate social distancing. There is also a time limit for computer use.
Children’s room toys, the interactive wall, tablets games and other services will be removed or shut down.
Limited time in the building
Your visit will be short, as we must keep building capacity low. We look forward to a future date when you can hang out in the Library, but right now, please plan to come and go quickly.
We know many of you have books to return…
We have extended all due dates to August 1, so don’t worry about overdue fines for items due during the pandemic.
All returns must be placed in the outside bookdrop. Staff cannot take items for you and the inside bookdrop is closed. When you return your items, they will be set aside for 3 days before being checked in. They will remain on your card until then, but will be backdated to the date returned upon check in.
We appreciate your patience and flexibility as we work together in new ways.
Use the Library from home!
While the building is closed, you can:
- Call the Library, 215.672.4362, to ask questions or place holds. You may also email email@example.com with questions.
- Browse the online catalog and place holds from home. When notified that your holds are available, use curbside pickup or, when we open, come to the library for a quick visit to pick up your holds.
- Our download and streaming services, including e-books, audiobooks, video, music, magazines, and newspapers, are all available 24×7.
- Our online research and learningservices allow you to research a topic, get live tutoring, take classes, or find your next great read, all with your library card.
- Sign up for summer reading or attend a virtual program. All of our great programs have moved online. Check out the calendar of events and register for a program!
We hope you are as excited as we are about reopening. Since our faces will be covered, you won’t see our smiles, but be assured, we will be happy to see you.