NEWS & EVENTS
Red Cross Shelter Open
A regional OVERNIGHT Red Cross Shelter has been opened. This is also comfort station shelter.
Comfort station means, warm and dry and has electric to charge batteries, cell phones etc. and an overnight location.
Maple Point Middle School
2250 Langhorne-Yardley Road
Langhorne, PA 19047
(Approximately 25 minutes away from York and Street Rds.)
The Parks and Recreation department has cancelled all day and evening programs for Wednesday, February 5, 2014.
The Street Road closure from Johnsville Blvd. to Davisville Rd. is extended to 8:00 pm. Verizon and PECO are on scene and have equipment in place. An underground line may have been affected.
All Township Buildings will close at 2:00 pm today, Monday, February 3, 2014 due to weather.
WEATHER STATEMENT: February 3, 2014
Winter Storm Emergency Warning is in effect until 5:00 PM Monday, February 3, 2014.
- Snow accumulations: As much as 8 inches by mid afternoon.
- Impact: Travel will become hazardous today as snow accumulates.
- Temperatures: Below freezing
Warminster Township has declared a Winter Storm Emergency and is enforcing Ordinance 625 including subsections 603 & 604 and Ordinance 702 in its entirety
- Remove all vehicles from the street
- Do not shovel, push, plow, or otherwise cause snow to be placed onto the public roadway
- Remove all snow and ice from your sidewalks within 24 hours after snow has ceased
- Clear any fire hydrant on your property within 24 hours after snow has ceased.
- Remove any basketball courts or other objects that protrude into the roadway.
In case of emergency, DIAL 911.
Mascaro has reported due to the hazardous road conditions, they will not collect trash today. There will be a double trash pick up on Thursday, 2/6/14 and a double recycling pick up on Monday 2/10/14. For more information please call Mascaro 1-800-432-1616.
The Warminster Township Library is closed today, Monday, February 3, 2014 due to weather.
Parks and Recreation has cancelled all DAY and EVENING programs for Monday, February 3, 2014. Have a safe and fun snow day!
J.P. Mascaro & Sons has issued the following Wind Advisory for Monday, January 27, 2014: “Trash cans and trash may blow around due to the high winds today”.