LIBRARY INFORMATION DURING THE PANDEMIC
Our goal is to make your visit to the Library as safe and seamless as possible. In order to do that, please read and understand what the Library staff will be doing. Please email or phone Tracey Reed, Library Director, with any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org or 267.317.1335
- Details about keeping everyone safe can be found here.
- Details about curbside service can be found here.
The Warminster Township Free Library is an independent Community Public Library and part of the Bucks County Library District. The Library presently has a 7-member advisory board and is governed by the Township of Warminster. Today the Warminster Township Free Library 6 days a week, welcomes 130,000 visitors, has a collection of over 65,000 print materials and over 150,000 electronic items, offers 300+ programs/year, and circulates over 225,000 physical items.
To inspire lifelong learning by providing a safe and welcoming environment with access to technology and resources for everyone.
The Library was founded in 1960 by the Federated Women’s Club of Warminster and housed in a room of the Township Administrative Building with a collection of 2,000 volumes collected from the community. The library was open 10 hours/week from 1962-1964, and moved twice between 1965-1970. The first was into a farmhouse at 265 W. Street Rd and then to a ranch house at 380 N. York Road.
The collection grew to 5,000 items by the end of 1970 and was open 20 hours/week. From 1971-1974 the Library moved to the lower level of the Township Building and then ultimately constructed and moved into its current 15,488 sq. ft. facility at 1076 Emma Lane in 1976/77.
In September 2012, the Library became a Department of Warminster Township.
In 2017, the Library increased hours and added Sundays.