J.P. Mascaro & Sons trash rate:
Annual Trash Bill – $353.00 per household
Senior Rate – $298.00 per household (Residents 62 years of age or older in the calendar year) Please Note: Proper proof of identification and age is required to be shown to Tax Collector when requesting the $55 discount.
To collect trash & recyclables more efficiently, JP Mascaro & Sons, the contracted trash removal service for Warminster Township, has broken the Township into eight sections. View the Warminster Township Collection Zone Map or call Warminster Township at (215) 443-5414.
What Is Single-Stream Recycling?
Single-stream recycling allows residents to place all recyclables: cans, bottles and plastics together with newspapers, cardboard, and mixed paper in one container. There is no need to separate items since the “single stream” recycling process used allows all recyclables to be mixed together. Single-stream recycling will be collected by a compaction truck. Only recyclables will be on this truck on your recycling day, it cannot collect non-recyclable items.
Additional RECYCLING Containers
We want your household to recycle as much as possible. Recycling containers must be clearly labeled. A new trash information brochure was just mailed to every township resident the 3rd week of December. Included in the brochure was a recycling label. If you did not receive a brochure or need additional stickers, they are available at the township offices. Simply place the sticker onto a container and use it for collection. You can use any container up to 35 gallons as well as your existing recycling bin. Make sure that the recycling sticker is visible to the collection crew.
WHAT TO RECYCLE?
- Aluminum and Metal Cans: aluminum cans (beer and soda); aluminum foil and foil plates, etc., metal lids; metal food cans (tin/steel). Please rinse food products.
- Glass: glass bottles and jars (food and drink only). Please rinse food products.
- Plastic containers: plastic bottles and containers labeled #1 – #7 (soda, water, milk, juice, liquor, shampoo, detergent, condiments, salad dressing, yogurt, margarine). Please rinse food products.
- Mixed paper and cardboard: Paper material, such as, newspaper and inserts, magazines and catalogs, junk mail, envelopes, file folders, office white, colored and computer paper (staples and paper clips ok) should be tied in separate bundles when placed for collection. Corrugated cardboard boxes, wax cartons, cereal, tissue, gift boxes, etc. (remove liners), paper bags, phone books, wrapping paper (remove metallic paper, bows, etc.). Break down all boxes. Tie in separate bundles (no larger than 2′ x 3′). No paint or oil contaminated boxes. Make sure that paper and cardboard material remain dry. Do Not Recycle the following: ceramics, dishes, coffee cups, drinking glasses, glass ovenware, pyrex, vision ware, window glass, mirrors, light bulbs, plastics without #1 through #7 labeling, plastic bags, styrofoam packaging, bubble wrap, tissue or paper towels, metallic or coated paper, waxed boxes, books or toys.
- Attached is a list of a few locations we have found in the area with contact information which will recycle your television set for a small fee. This information is provided as a courtesy to our residents and the Township does not endorse or audit any of their activities. Click here to learn how to recycle E-Waste and TV’s
- For more information about Bucks County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events, please click here to find the information from the Bucks County Planning Commission.
Trash Curbside Collection
Collection will occur twice per week. Place no more than a maximum of six containers of trash at the street’s edge anytime after 6 p.m. the night before your scheduled pick-up days. Your service days have not changed.
- One bulk item permitted per week on your second collection day of the week.
- No construction or demolition debris!
- Bulk items include things like a sofa, water heater, stove, Refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers may contain cfcs (freon) and need special handling. Please call 1-800-432-1616 to schedule a pick up.
- Carpets must be cut in three-foot strips, rolled and tied, up to ten rolls.
- Mattress & box spring counts as one item.
- Twigs & branches must be cut in 3 foot lengths and tied in a bundle, only 10 bundles per pick up, or 10 logs or 1 stump. (if twigs are too small to bundle, put them in separate can as a bulk item).
- Disposal Of Household Paints
- Latex paint ONLY: let paint dry in can. Adding kitty litter or a commercial drying agent will speed up the drying process. When paint is dry, double bag the can before putting it in the trash. Leaking paint will damage our trucks and stain your street.
Waste and Recycling Tip
Did you know that lawn mowers can be disposed on the second trash day of the week as your one bulk item? Just empty all oil and gasoline from the machine, and Mascaro will take away the mower.
If your collection day falls on a holiday it will be skipped until the next scheduled collection day. Holidays: New Year’s Day (January 1), Memorial Day, Independence Day (July 4), Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day (December 25).
No Hazardous Wastes!
- Car batteries, gasoline, motor oil, pesticides, oil-based and other toxic and hazardous materials do not belong in the trash! Call the Bucks County Planning Commission at 215-345-3400 for information on disposing of these materials. Many auto stores accept used motor oil and car batteries.
Yard Waste Collection Day (Service Days Have Not Changed)
- We compost your grass and leaves! Place all grass and leaf waste into fifty-gallon kraft biodegradable bags or loose in cans, no plastic bags! Up to ten containers or bags per week. No branches, stumps, or logs! Place these items out as bulk items.
- Don’t mix trash with your grass or leaves.
- Grass and leaves will be picked up once per week from April 1st to December 15th each year. December 16th through March 31st, put them in the regular trash.
- Christmas Tree Collection
- Trees should be placed curbside the third Monday in January to be collected as yard waste and recycled, at any other time it will be collected as a bulk trash item.
Questions? Call JP Mascaro at 1-800-432-1616 or the Township @ (215)443-5414, Mon-Fri, 8:30 AM-4:30 PM.