A library card is free to all Bucks County residents and may be used at all member libraries of the Bucks County Free Library system. When you borrow materials from the library, you are responsible for the proper care and return of all items and any fines and fees incurred. Your agreement also includes notifying the library of all changes to your information, including name, address, e-mail address, phone number or any other personal data. Your Bucks County Library card allows you to:
- Borrow books, DVDs, music, museum passes, and more
- Download eBooks and audiobooks
- Place holds and reserve items
- Search articles and databases
- Any Bucks County resident may also apply online. Online applications may take up to 3 days to process. You will have 3 months to pick up the physical card at your library.
- E-cards are available to Bucks County residents who want immediate access to e-library resources and prefer the convenience of online registration. This service requires a valid credit card and payment of non-refundable $1 processing fee. These cards are only valid for e-resource use, not for checkout of physical materials.
To get a library card, apply in person with:
- Completed Library card application
- Valid photo ID card
- Proof of current address if not shown on your identification
- If you live outside of Bucks County, you will need a current library card from your local library with an Access PA sticker
- Anyone under the age of 14 must have a parent or legal guardian present to sign the application and accept responsibility
- Questions? Phone the Library at 215.672.4362
Renewals, Loan Periods, and Fines
- More information about borrower services can be found in our circulation policies
Lost Library Card
- To prevent and limit misuse, library card holders should notify the library if their card is lost or stolen as soon as possible. The card will then be immediately suspended. Card holders will be responsible for materials checked out up to the time the library is notified.